Check out my friend Rebecca A Nebula Parachute. She has some awesome creations!
Have to try this! Looks amazingly yummy!
“The days are short, The sun a spark Hung thin between The dark and dark. (Poem by John Updike, “January”)
January has been a month of extreme cold & many sunless days. It has been a month of long days for me on photo shoots..arising before dawn and returning home way after dark. It has been a month to test the hearty, tire out the tireless and make us all yearn for lighter times.
In January I crave homey foods such as rich hot soups, winter greens salads with crusty homemade croutons, roasted vegetables of any kind topped with crumbly cheeses. Comfort foods that are easy to make but complex in flavor…dishes that I can whip up from whatever is in the pantry & refrigerator at any given time…dinners that require no grocery runs or long lists of ingredients.
This gluten-free “Rustic Ratatouille Tart” is one such dish…
View original post 399 more words
First a BIG thank you to Tiffany at http://etc7189.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for the Liebster Award! She has an amazing blog of poetry and beauty product reviews. I did not know WordPress had any awards for anything but this is pretty awesome!
After you have been nominated and you have accepted it, you have to write a blog post yourself doing the following:
1. Thank the person who has nominated you and link back to their blog (by posting a link on yours).
2. Copy and display the award in your blogpost (save the image and upload it to your own post).
3. Answer the 11 questions about yourself, which are given to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs/bloggers that you feel deserve the award. They need to have less than 1000 followers.
6. Think of 11 new questions for the bloggers you have nominated and write them in your post.
7. Inform the selected bloggers that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and link back to your own post so that they can learn about it (if they’ve never heard about it) and so that they know what questions to answer!
11 Random Facts about me:
1. I have an amazing Welsh Corgi dog named Rocko.
2. I also have an amazing boyfriend, which we are going on 2yrs!
3. I collect random yummy wine and haven’t enjoyed them yet.
4. I love antique shopping…its my weakness.
5. If I could I would paint all day.
6. I cringe at the sound of metal utensils scrapping against teeth.
7. I am scared to put myself out there but I am certainly trying to this year.
8. I didn’t like my first name when I was little.
9. I don’t like to use an easel to paint my artwork.
10. Water is my favorite drink ever.
11. Zebras and frogs are my favorite animals.
My nominations for the Leibster Awards:
A Nebula Parachute http://anebulaparachute.wordpress.com/
Pandabunny’s Art http://pandabunnybot.wordpress.com/
My questions to the nominees!
1. What is your biggest fear?
2. What are your intentions behind having a blog?
3. If you had one wish what would it be?
4. What is your favorite thing to do?
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
6. What is the most exciting thing you have ever done?
7. Did you have goals when you started blogging? Have they changed?
8. What is your favorite animal or animals?
9. Whats the worst sound in the world to you?
10. Have you adventured far from your house lately?
11. Any tips on blogging?
My questions to answer:
1. What made you want to blog? I wanted to get my name and art out there.
2. What is your favorite thing to do(currently)? Experiment with watercolor.
3. What is your favorite store? Those random little shops like flea markets.
4. What is your “to die” for beauty secret? Definetly taking an exfoliation bath at least once every month.
5. Have you ever tried chocolate? lol Yes many times!
6. What is your favorite part about blogging? You can write about anything you want weather it be inspiring, helpful or just because.
7. Any tips on blogging or vblogging? I’m new to this so maybe just be yourself as you post things and share your life people like that stuff.
8. What is your favorite TV show(currently)? Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
9. Do you like animals? Yes.
10. Do you have a guilty pleasure in some type of shopping? If yes, what? Antiques and toys for my dog.
11. Have you learned anything from blogging? A little bit, more like how to make a website, sort of.
This 12″ x 24″ acrylic painting of a lady sitting in her tulip bath relaxing making strange bubbles is one of my favorites I have done.